Fun Statistics for weddings –
SECRETS TO KNOW ON HOW TO HIRE WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT –
- Why hire a DJ vs a Band, or an IPOD?
A DJ is able to keep the music going at all times, and blend/mix the music according to what you want. Where Bands typically only know a certain type of music and it’s tough to get an IPOD to play requests on demand. IPods will have pauses in the music, bands will take breaks after 40 min. sets for maybe 20 minutes. An IPOD with a set list could play Rock during dinner, and dinner music during dancing – a lot goes into the music selection and timing is critical as it sets the mood.
- During wedding planning, brides say their highest priority is there attire, followed by the reception site and caterer. Reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a DJ.
(Statistics from: Modern Bride magazine)
WHAT WILL YOU BE WEARING AT YOUR EVENT?
This is a question you may not have even thought of. I simply wear whatever you want me too. Anything from a Tux to a company t shirt. I simply wear whatever the client prefers.
DO YOU HAVE MICROPHONES/ WIRELESS MICROPHONES AVAILABLE?
Yes, I always have a wireless microphone available at all my event’s at NO EXTRA COST. I also use 2 wired microphones for announcements and back up.
HOW MUCH DO YOU INTERACT WITH THE CROWD?
The answer is totally up to the client. Some would prefer next to no talking from the DJ and me just playing music. While some want the DJ on the dance floor teaching dances and entertaining the crowd. Either way this is an option I leave totally up to the customer.
WILL YOU CHECK OUT THE EVENT LOCATION PRIOR THE EVENT?
Yes, this is key in making sure everything runs smoothly the day of your event. We can configure the set up to make sure everything looks and sounds perfect.
DO YOU ATTEND THE WEDDING REHEARSAL?
Yes, especially if you are using our services for your ceremony. It is crucial to make sure all the songs are in order and everyone knows where they need to be to make sure your wedding runs smoothly.
DO YOU TRAVEL?
Yes, NBE services the whole United States.
ARE YOU INSURED?
Yes, CTB carriers a $2,000,000 liability policy to every event we do.
DO YOU USE A WRITTEN CONTRACT?
Yes, we operate on a written contract signed by the management along with the DJ at your event. It protects both parties and includes all details of your event.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU NEED TO SET UP?
The answer depends on the size of the system. No matter what we like to show up 2-3 hours prior to the event to insure everything is working properly. Although with bigger systems 4-5 hours may be required.
HOW IS MUSIC PICKED OUT? DO YOU TAKE REQUESTS?
- For all events I ask for a 25 song playlist to get a good idea of what types of music you are looking for at your event . From there I take the songs you have given me and go through my entire music library one by one and create a custom playlist specifically for your event.
- Yes, we do take requests. We have wireless internet access everywhere so if there’s a song requested that is not in our music library we can download it on the spot.
WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTING DO YOU USE?
We use all high end l.e.d computerized DMX lighting. We also use lasers to give your event that extra ‘wow” factor.
DO YOU USE SUBWOOFERS?
Yes, I bring subwoofers to all of my events. Subwoofers are a must to get perfect sound quality and give all the songs that low end it is missing when just using 2 speakers.
IS THERE AN EARLY SET UP FEE?
No, I do not charge any extra fee to set up early. An event has never been ruined because the entertainment arrived early.